Most of us have that one friend who is the ultimate Negative Nancy — but what if that token downer is actually you? You may think you’re optimistic and upbeat, but in reality, you might be exhibiting some surprising signs you’re a negative person, even if you don’t mean to be. Being negative doesn’t always mean being rude or sarcastic, and there could be a number of ways you’re bringing down the mood that you might not even realize.
1. You Say Things Like “It’s Too Good To Be True”
2. You Dwell On The Past 3. You Judge Others
4. You Don’t Accept Compliments
5. Your Automatic Thoughts Are Negative
6. You Have Trouble Maintaining Relationships
7. You’re Focused On The Problem, Not The Solution
8. You’re Not Excited About The Future